Tuesday, February 28, 2017

My Little One!

Here I'm, at midnight, with everyone around me deep asleep. Everyone who matter to me the most, who love me the most and who complete my purpose of existence, are peacefully asleep near me. Yet, I'm awake. I'm just super excited at this moment and I feel jotting it down, before this surge goes away..

I'm a father of a sweet little Angel!! Suddenly, my world has changed. As they said - "when you hold your child in your arms for the first time, you grow up!" It's sinking in now! I feel both at the same time - responsible as well as liberated...responsible for the new role and liberated from the fear of not being able to play it efficiently.

Mixed feelings - heightened emotions and little bit of philosophy are gripping! There are only a few things in life that are truly and completely yours, and one of them is your offspring. No one can take you out of your child, she's a blood and flesh of yours, and even a little soul of yours that dwells in her. A little of your smile and frown, a little of your peace and harmony, your ego and anger too! It's like you see yourself in her..you want her not to be like you in many ways, but deep down within, you secretly admire that! And nobody can change that, not even you yourself. My baby is yet to recognize me as her father, but the world already does! When she' s grown up, she can love me, hate me but can never be 'not me'. She is mine forever!

Words are simply inadequate to describe this emotion of being a parent, and this experience is far more happiness than many achievements. All I can now hope is to be a good father, to be like my father..

No comments: